WHAT WE BELIEVE
A church is not a building intended for mere social gatherings. It is a gathering of people who have placed their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. These people meet for the purpose of worshipping the Lord, praising His name, and to edify, exhort, and comfort one another while providing instruction in the truths of God's word.
It is also a place from which these believers send forth the good news of Jesus Christ locally, publically, and the world over. A gathering of individuals who have a unified faith in a foundational set of Biblical truths can do great things for the Lord.
*Places we support Missionaries*
BELOW ARE THE FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS OF CALVARY FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHURCH
- We believe in the absolute authority and the literal interpretation of the holy scriptures found in the Authorized King James Bible. These words were given by inspiration of God and He has taken the responsibility upon Himself to preserve them without error since He first inspired men to record them. These incorruptible words cannot and will not pass away.
- We believe in one God who eternally exists as the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost.
- We believe God is the creator of all things visible and invisible, and He sustains all things by the word of His power.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ to be God manifest in the flesh, virgin born, without sin, crucified, risen and coming again to receive His church, then returning to establish His kingdom.
- We believe salvation is available to all men. Salvation is solely and freely given by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- We believe once a person is saved by the grace of Jesus Christ he or she is eternally secure in Him. Each saved individual is also sealed, taught, and comforted by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption.
- We believe salvation immediately makes a person a member of the church, and it is their responsibility to gather together locally with other saved individuals where they may minister one to another.
- We believe anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in the conscious tourment of a literal lake of fire, while those receiving the Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity in God's glorious presence.
- We believe that water baptism is a public testimony made by the saved Christian and plays no part in salvation.
- We believe that the church is a body of which Jesus is the head. Thus, our local assembly is not run by the will of its members but its business is conducted termporally and spritually in strict accordance to the word of God.